Additional to birdwatching, Akagera National Park is becoming the paradise destination for game driving after re-introduction of lions. The re-introduction was done on 30th June 2015 and currently lions are easily showing up in plains of the park. In a period of less than one year of re-introduction, 7 cubs were recorded and now the family has grown to 14 individuals. In addition, mating was also witnessed in Muhana Plain, suggesting more cubs are expected in the near future.Travelling to Akagera with Birding and Educational Tours Ltd will provide you better opportunities for watching these rare and powerful carnivores interacting, hunting and, luckily napping, etc. Additional to the sighting of lions, you will also experience hundreds of birds including the rare Red-faced Barbet, Purple-crested Turaco, etc. and other wild mammals like elephants, leopard, spotted hyena, buffalos, zebras, giraffes, hippos, and many species of antelopes.
- Track Gorillas in Volcanoes National Park in just one day!
- Have a guided birding in Kigali City and its vicinity; Early morning or when you finish your work!
- Do your Game driving and birding in Akagera National Park in 1 day!
- Have a Kigali City tours in some hours!
- Birding and Primate tracking in Nyungwe National Park in 2 days
- Visit Historical and cultural sites including Genocide Memorial, Presidential Palace Museum and Natural History Museum (Kandt House) in 2-3 hours
- Entertain with local dancers for cultural and traditional dances